Contact the course librarian:
Ask A Librarian Chat Service
Ask A Librarian Chat Service
- Business Source Complete : Journal, trade publication and magazine articles covering all aspects of business.
- Factiva : Newspapers and trade publications from around the world - includes the Wall Street Journal and Financial Times.
- LexisNexis: newspaper articles, broadcast transcripts, legal information, and more
- MarketLine Advantage: country reports include GDP and other economic info. Go to the Databases section from the front page to see Country Analytics database in MarketLine
- Business Monitor Online: country reports include GDP and risk factors
- FRED: Federal Reserve Economic Data
- Roubini: produces daily analysis of critical events impacting the global economy, financial markets, and geostrategic developments happening around the world. Sign up for an account with your utexas.edu email address
Industry Info, Forecasts & Future Trends
- MarketLine Advantage: industry reports contain Porters Five Forces
- IBISWorld: industry research and risk rating reports including market characteristics, operating conditions, current and forecast performance, major industry participants, and more.
- Business Monitor Online: global industry and economics database provides quarterly forecasts
- Mintel: market research focused on consumer products. Good for tracking industry trends and demographic information about consumers.Sign up for an account with your utexas.edu email address
- Thomson ONE: search in the investment bank reports for market research on the industry - Screening & Analysis > Research. Must use Internet Explorer on a PC
Firm - Financial, SEC Filings, Market Researc
- Mergent: provides access to SEC filings and glossy annual reports. Company information includes 15 years of financials for global publicly traded companies. Reports may be designed, companies compared and screened by several criteria
- Thomson ONE: provides SEC filings and financial comps for publicly traded companies. Investment reports include detailed information on firms. Must use Internet Explorer on a PC
- MarketLine Advantage: company profiles contain SWOT analyses
- Mintel: market research focused on consumer products. Can search by company name to see reports that mention specific companies. Sign up for an account with your utexas.edu email address
- Yahoo Finance: historical stock price data and insider trades
- Investopedia: historical stock prices
- EDGAR: Free public company filings from the SEC
- eStatement Studies: source of composite performance metrics derived directly from the financial statements of public and private companies. Good for industries where there are few if any public players
- Thomson ONE: look up public comany ticker and then go to Fundaments tab and then Comparables to see ratios. Must use Internet Explorer on a PC
Financial Analysts' Research Reports
- Thomson ONE: provides investment bank reports, which rate stocks and provide market and financial research to support the ratings. Must use Internet Explorer on a PC
- Morningstar.com Library Edition: complete reports for 2,000 funds and 1,000 stocks. Quicktake Reports, which include portfolio, risk, performance, and management information are available for approximately 13,000 funds and 8,000 stocks
- Value Line Research Center: suite of Value Line products, including Investment Survey (large, mid, & small-cap), Mutual Fund Survey, Daily Options Survey, Convertibles Survey, Special Situations Survey (emerging companies), and ETFs
- Reference USA: basic directory information for over 12 million public and private businesses. Can create maps and charts.
Credit Reports for Individual Companies
- Reference USA: in the business demographics section for the company you will find a credit rating score from Experian
- Dun and Bradstreet Credit Reports: can be purchased individually for a fee or as a subscription service to pay as you download
- Experian Smart Business Reports: search company reports free and then pay as you download.