lib.utexas.edu > About the Libraries
scoUT Search Box
lib.utexas.edu > Research Tools
- Library Catalog: Search for materials that the library owns; renew and recall items.
- Find Articles Using Databases: Find citations and full-text articles on a topic by searching databases. Browse and access these databases by title or subject.
- Find a Journal: Find journals which the Libraries subscribe to electronically.
- Research by Subject: Research guides, databases, and librarian specialists by subject.
- Library Widgets: Tools to help you find, organize, and share information.
lib.utexas.edu > Library Services
- Borrowing: Information about borrowing items from UT Libraries, including loan periods and policies.
- My Account: Renew your books, pay library bills online and more (upper right corner of website)
- Ask a Librarian: Get research help via IM, email, phone or in person.
- Reserves: Find or create (for instructors) on-site reserve materials.
- Interlibrary Services: Have a book or article sent to you from a non-UT library.
- Study Spaces: Find information about collaborative and quiet study areas and book a group study room online.
- Instruction: Library classes, tours and tutorials.
- Suggest a Purchase: Ask us to purchase materials for the library.
- UT Digital Repository: View open access research and scholarship produced by UT scholars.
Resources for You
lib.utexas.edu > Resources for You
- Portals for undergraduates, graduate students, faculty, staff, distance learners, alumni, and visitors.
- Help/How Do Is: Searchable FAQs
- Ask a Librarian: Ask us a question via IM, email, telephone, or in person.
What's the difference between articles, journals, databases, etc?
- Article: A single piece of writing or research contained within a journal or database.
- Journal: An online or printed collection of articles (such as 'The Economist' or Nature). Can be scholarly / peer-reviewed or popular.
- Database: A collection of online articles from various journals made available through a vendor. Any given article could be available through several different databases.
- Book: A printed item that is either in our collection or available to borrow from another library though Interlibrary Services.
- eBook: Online books available through one of several vendors. Find them via scoUT or the Catalog.