During the semester, I'll visit your class 3 times - the first time during lecture and twice during your discussion sections. I'll update the guide each time. If you're wondering why you're going to spend so much time with a librarian, that is a great thing to wonder. Over the course of the semester, I will get you started doing college-level research. Look at the box below to see what our learning goals are.
Here are a few things you should know:
1. organizing your research and avoiding plagiarism (1st session)
2. tips for picking a topic (1st session)
3. how to create an effective search strategy to find the information you need (2nd and 3rd sessions)
4. how to find and use tools to search for sources you will use (2nd and 3rd sessions)
5. how to evaluate the sources you find so you are using the most credible and appropriate sources for your research project (2nd and 3rd sessions)
6. how to get help from experts in research, writing and public speaking (2nd and 3rd sessions)
I've Asked a Librarian for Help Before
What did you ask for help with?
How much do you agree with this statement? "I am concerned that I could accidentally plagiarize."
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.0 Generic License.