You will be able to conduct searches in UT Libraries tools to find books and articles.
You will be able to describe criteria and techniques for evaluating sources for credibility.
You will be able to describe what scholarly, peer-reviewed journals are and what their purpose is.
You will be able to find research and writing help available at UT.
A few things to keep in mind:
I am here to help you learn about college-level research. I understand learning doesn't work the same way for everyone, and that an hour isn't long enough to do more than get started. I want you to feel comfortable reaching out for help during and after the session, and confident about using this guide throughout the semester.
I do my best to foster an inclusive classroom environment to ensure that all of you are respected, safe and supported in your learning.
How Can a Librarian Help?
Librarians are available to help with every step of the research process. We are information professionals and love working with students to connect you with the information you need. We can help you:
* choose a research topic or find a research question
* broaden or narrow your topic
* find sources, whether they are books, articles, maps, music, data, etc. We can help you do great searches using Libraries tools and search engines like Google.
* evaluate sources. Is it credible? Is it peer-reviewed? etc.
* recommend tools for organizing your research and citations..