Registration Deadline (Texas): You must be registered to 30 days before an election. You can't register to vote for the first time online.
Check to see if you're registered to vote in Texas: www.votetexas.gov (if you are already registered, you can update your address online)
Voter registration rules and guidelines.
Options for registering to vote:
- Fill out the registration form (you will print, sign, and mail it in)
- Have a registration form mailed to you (you will fill it out and mail it back)
- Pick up a registration form at the PCL desk, fill it out and mail it in (there is a mailbox on 21st St. in front of PCL and the UTC)
- TX Votes is a student organization that helps register students on campus (some of their members are trained Volunteer Deputy Registrars who can register you to vote). See their Instagram for events and their website. TX Votes will be registering voters in the PCL lobby September 20, 2022 9 AM-4 PM and October 11, 2022 beginning at 8 AM. They will register voters on the Gregory Gym plaza beginning in the evening and until midnight on October 11, 2022.
- You are a United States citizen;
- You are a resident of the county where you submit the application;
- You are at least 17 years and 10 months old on the date your voter registration application is submitted, and you are 18 years of age on Election Day.
- You are not a convicted felon (you may be eligible to vote if you have completed your sentence, probation, and parole); and
- You have not been declared by a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be either totally mentally incapacitated or partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote.
You need one of these forms of ID to vote in Texas (exceptions are listed in this FAQ, but are limited):
- Texas Driver License issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS)
- United States Passport (book or card)
- Texas Election Identification Certificate issued by DPS
- Texas Personal Identification Card issued by DPS
- Texas Handgun License issued by DPS
- United States Military Identification Card containing the person’s photograph
- United States Citizenship Certificate containing the person’s photograph