Skip to Main Content
Images and Captions
- To view a larger version of an image, double click the thumbnail. ARTstor will open the image in a new window.
- In the window viewer, you can zoom in and out and rotate the image. The image map in the lower right corner will keep track of your position in the image.
- You may download, print, or save the image or the detail to an existing image group from the viewer. To download the detail or image, click the floppy disk icon and agree to the terms and conditions. To print, select the printer icon. To save the image or detail to an existing image group, select the icon that looks like a grid and select the image group when prompted.
Captions and Notes
- Hovering your arrow key over the caption will provide a partial caption
- Clicking the caption will open a box with notes regarding the building or artwork like style or dates and information about the image like its source or copyright.
- Remember: The information associated with the image (metadata) will vary by the institutions providing access to the image. If you have concerns or questions about the accuracy of the information, you should check with your instructor or consult a librarian.